Designed in the Neue Sachlichkeit (New Objectivity) in 1928 as a seven-storey department store with a rooftop restaurant by Jewish owners (Jonass & Co.). In 1933 sold to the Reich Youth Leadership, and served as the organization’s headquarters. In 1945 became the seat of the Communist Party’s Central Committee. In the late 1950s, the building was converted into the Institute of Marxist-Leninism. Soho House Berlin opened in 2010 as a burgeoning creative hub in the Mitte district. An architectural history that should be filmed.